I’m back with another amazing award I was nominated for by the lovely Rendz @ Reading With Rendz! She is one of my favorite bloggers and you should definitely check her out!
I’m so behind on tags and awards, I’m so sorry if I haven’t gotten to yours yet! I swear, I’m trying 🙂 Now, let’s go!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is your favourite sport?
2. What was your first YA series you ever read?
I think it might be The Hunger Games! I was ten and had only read middle grade books in my life. I really enjoyed it and it was my first immersion in the world of YA books.
3. Doggy-eared pages. Efficient or Crime against books?
CRIME. And on damaged books it’s even worse. My pages are great the way they are, thank you very much. I just like to keep them perfect, and seeing a folded page makes me super nervous. Sorry if you like to do it haha, but my obsession applies only to my own books.
(Which doesn’t mean I harm other people’s books, by the way).
4. Standalone, duology, trilogy or even more books in a series?
For contemporaries, standalones work best for me. I think that in Fantasy and SciFi, there’s not enough time to properly world-build in just one book, so I definitely prefer trilogies in that case. If it’s a really good series, the more books the merrier!
5. What is your favourite genre?
I think it’s sci-fi! There’s just something about reading stories set in the future that I really love.
6. Do you cry at the end of a series?
To be honest, I don’t, haha. I usually cry during the scenes where character development is shown in the last book, but not really at the end, not really because it’s over.
7. A cover change that you loved/hated.
First book that came to mind is The Thousandth Floor:
I mean, they’re both pretty gorgeous covers, but the first one is just absolutely amazing, and one of the prettiest covers I’ve seen, and the second just kind of pales in comparison, I guess.
(If you want to see what I thought of the actual book, I wrote a review!)
8. An OTP you sank with.
Chaolaena. Celaena kind of doesn’t exist canonically speaking anymore so my ship is not possible, but I really liked Aelin when she was Celaena and her and Chaol just made me super happy.
9. Do you have more than one copy of the same book?
I have a bunch of classics duplicated, but they’re in different languages so it’s not the same. I also have a lot of ebooks that I own in physical form too, for example If I Stay and Where She Went.
10. An author you would love to meet. (Dead or alive)
This is kind of hard! But I think I’d choose Leigh Bardugo. I’ve only read two books by her, but I can talk about them for hours. Yes, meeting Leigh Bardugo would be great!
11. What book to movie adaptation do you want to STAR in? (You don’t have to be a good actor)
Thanks for the clarification, because I kind of SUCK at acting. I have a certain control over my voice but my face is impossible to control.
Okay, but I would absolutely love to be Nina in Six of Crows. That’s my dream. Does anyone else want to be in the movie?
So, I hope you enjoyed this! Thanks again to Rendz for nominating me, and here are my 11 nominees:
- Hannah @ The Book Thief Without Words
- Kristen @ The Brunette Bookworm Blog
- Olga @ Olga’s Oddish Obsession
- Lia @ Lost in a Story
- Princess @ Royal Reader
- Emma @ Emma Reads
- Tiana @ The Book Raven (sorry Tiana, I know you’ve been nominated a bunch of times already haha)
- Ellie @ Ellie’s Bookshelf
- Sophie @ Blame Chocolate
- Asiya and/or Marcela @ Inked Epiphanies
- Renuka @ Past Bedtime Blog
And these are my questions:
- What’s a bookish quote that you really love? From a book, about books, I don’t care, just tell us.
- If you can, post a picture of your prettiest bookmark. If you can’t, describe it for us.
- What are some diverse books that you’ve read this year?
- How many books have you read this year? Do you keep track on Goodreads? If so, leave us a link so we can go friend you!
- Favorite classic?
- How much time do you spend at bookstores each time you go?
- Are you a fast or a slow reader?
- Ebook, paperback or hardback? Explain.
- What is the longest series you own in physical form?
- Do you have a bookstagram? What are some of your favorite bookstagram accounts?
- And finally, which was the last book you rated five stars?