Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s Eve and you had fun. I sure did!
So I’ve been thinking about this and I definitely want to do the Goodreads reading challenge. Since I joined this community in October and found out about it then, it was much too late to start, but now a new year has begun and it’s my chance! My goal is going to be 30 books, which might not seem like a lot but I’m always very busy so I think it’s realistic!
I have a massive TBR pile (well, massive for me, I’ve seen some much bigger on bookstagram) and I want to dig into it this 2017.
MOST EXCITING BOOKS ON MY 2017 TBR
SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY
I’m getting these pretties for Three Wise Men Day (basically like another Christmas on January 6th) and I’m super excited! I know I’m late to the party, but I cannot wait to meet Kaz and his crew 🙂
THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE
I’ve heard great things about this one and I’m really in the mood for a good contemporary, so I really want to read this as soon as possible.
These have been sitting on my TBR for more than a month, but I still haven’t gotten around to reading them! I love love love fantasy and I think I’ll like this very much. Thoughts?
MAYA’S NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
This week’s Top 5 Wednesday (hosted here) is “goals”, so I thought I’d do some bookish focused goals.
So besides all those “study more” and “be a more empathetic person” resolutions, I have a great year planned in books!
- Read at least 30 books (that’s 2.5 books per month, pretty easy I think!)
- Get to 500 followers on Instagram – which I cannot really control, but I’ll try to take good pics and post regularly so this’ll happen!
- Read and fangirl over the new Sarah J. Maas books in June and September (I’m not going to read ACOWAR, oops).
- Maybe get an ARC? Unlikely but I think if I work hard on this blog and submit a few polite emails it might happen!
- Make some more bookstagram and blogger friends!
What are some of your resolutions? What are you excited for this year? How are you feeling, having started 2017? Let’s talk in the comments.